Tuesday, January 24, 2012

It's been a year...

Joshua Tree last Super Bowl weekend 2010








It's been a year now since I have been to Joshua for some camping and climbing.  That is WAY to long if you ask me.  These photos are from that trip.  It has been a long time, but Joshua has been on my mind and I figured I would share my thoughts on our experience.

The weather was good during the day.  No wind, but had to wear a long sleevie despite all the climbing.  During the night was a whole other story.  It was freezing and VERY windy.  Our tent despite our bodies, and large rocks placed in the tent, the tent kept lifting off the ground.  It was crazy!  Needless to say that part was not very enjoyable.  My suggestions, if you do go during late January, bring a tent that does not come up off the ground too high and bring some serious sleeping bags, not your Wal-mart sleepie you took to your friends houses in middle school for sleep overs.

The climbing was excellent.  (Of course, it's Joshua!!!) What else do I need to say?  If you have never climbed Joshua- bring some bloody athletic tape.  Or you will a bloody mess on your hands- literally.  The rock is is a type of granite called quartz monzonite.  It contains a lot of crystals and is really gritty and hard on the hands.    

No comments:

Post a Comment